Sebastiaan Hoendervangers is born and raised in the Netherlands where he received his bachelor’s in physical therapy in 2008. He then moved to Sint Maarten to escape the depressing weather. Since then, he has worked in various private clinics and healthcare institutions like the rehabilitation center and hospital.
– Physical Therapy
– Dry needling
– Aquatic Therapy
– Lifestyle Coaching
– Diabetes Educator
Qualifications and Memberships:
– Member of the Paramedical Association St. Maarten
– Member of the Royal Dutch Society for Physical Therapy
– Registered at the Ministry of Public Health, Social Development and Labor in St. Maarten; registration number 01715
– Registered at the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport in The Netherlands; registration number (BIG-register) 79909990504
– Registered in the Dutch KRF-NL (Quality Register Physical Therapy); registration number 313015
Working in the rehabilitation center for over 4 years he helped people who just suffered major life changing events like stroke or amputations. Working with them intensely he discovered that most of the people had no idea that these complications often can be prevented with a healthier lifestyle. That is when he realized that there is a major need for preventable care. For this reason, he joined Peter in 2022 to set up prevention programs and educate people on the relationship between health and lifestyle. His goal is to help people to become healthier, with a focus on preventing type 2 diabetes.
Most of his clients have chronic preventable diseases like hearth disease, high blood pressure and diabetes. His focus will be on activating, educating and motivating them to make healthier changes in their lifestyle.
People that worked with Sebastiaan would say that he truly cares for his clients, has a lot of patience and is a good listener. When Sebastiaan is not working he loves to spend time with his wife and two sons in the sun. He enjoys surfing, kitesurfing and other water sports.