ProPhysio Prinsen offers program that coaches our clients on the key aspects of living a healthy lifestyle, with a specific emphasis on lifestyle factors including nutrition, movement, sleep, relaxation, and stress. The main goals are to realize short- and long-term health benefits by increasing physical activity and decreasing caloric intake (move more and eat less) in addition to crafting the appropriate psychological interventions needed to support, encourage and maintain behavioral changes.
Every adult with an inactive lifestyle who is motivated to change their behavior, and would like to become healthier, can participate in this program. Adults with health risks like high blood pressure, high cholesterol, high blood sugar, etc. (most often due to being overweight or obese), will see positive effects on these problems after becoming more active.
Other health benefits, to name just a few, include better sleep patterns, improved mood, increased energy, the reduction or prevention of chronic diseases and reduced mortality risk.
The World Health Organization defines overweight and obesity as an abnormal or excessive fat accumulation that presents a risk to health. A body mass index (BMI) over 25 is considered overweight, and over 30 is obese. The issue has grown to epidemic proportions, with over 4 million people dying each year as a result of being overweight or obese in 2017.
The program always begins with a physical exam and an initial consultation. During the consultation we will discuss your personal goals, motivations, barriers, etc. We will measure your weight, height, BMI, blood sugar level and blood pressure, then perform some physical tests in order to get baseline readings from which we can evaluate the success of the program.
Please contact the clinic if you have any questions or would like more information. We look forward to helping you become a healthier version of yourself.
QUALITY FACT CHECK
- Graduated in 2001 from Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences in The Netherlands with a Bacholor’s Degree in Physical Therapy
- Is a member of the Paramedical Association St. Maarten
- Is a member of the Royal Dutch Society for Physical Therapy
- Is registered at the Ministry of Public Health, Social Development and Labor in St. Maarten under registration number 52018
- Is registered at the Ministry of Health, Welfare and Sport in The Netherlands under registration number 39056388504 (BIG-register)
- Is registered in the Dutch KRF-NL (Quality Register Physical Therapy) under registration number 71787