About Aquatic Therapy
Aquatic therapy involves carrying out exercises and specific physical therapy techniques in water to help relieve pain, relax and strengthen muscles, increase circulation and subsequently improve function.
Peter will make sure your hydrotherapy programme is tailored to your needs to maximise these benefits and ensure you will feel comfortable in the water.
Our aquatic equipment includes aqua bikes, treadmills, and cross-trainers. We have a lift and a platform for those needing extra support or make sure you can stand safely.
Hydrotherapy can lead to many benefits for patients who need to recover from e.g. surgery, a stroke or spinal cord related injuries such as:
– Re-education and encouragement of normal movement
– Allows standing in those who are unable to weight-bear out of the water
– the buoyancy effect of water
– Improved walking technique
– Improved balance and coordination
– Improved independence and function
– Improve self-confidence
– Reduce the fear of falling
ProPhysio Aquatic Therapy Specialists